- 1 ETQ TG1200 Portable Generator Review
- 2 Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator Review
- 3 Here’s what current owners say about the Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator:
ETQ TG1200 Portable Generator Review
The ETQ TG1200 Portable Generator is an economical solution for light residential use and for recreational purposes. Weighing less than 45 pounds, this generator is very portable and is an ideal choice for traveling.
But don’t be deceived by this ETQ generator’s lightweight design, with 1,000 continuous watts and 1,200 maximum watts, it’s a powerhouse when it comes to simultaneously running appliances or to run an entire campsite. The ETQ TG1200 is also fuel efficient: On one gallon of gas, it will run for 8 hours at 50% power and up to 5 ½ hours at 100% power.
The ETQ TG1200 Portable Generator is not intended for heavy use, but for recreational and light residential use, it is an efficient and economical source of power.
Let’s review the features of the ETQ TG1200 Portable Generator:
- 2.2 HP, 2-cycle engine with easy-pull recoil
- Compact, lightweight, easy-to-transport design
- 1-gallon fuel tank provides 8 hrs. of power with a 50% load or 5-1/2 hours with a 100% load
- Quiet operation (65 dB) and with minimal running vibration
- Produces 1,200 maximum watts; 1,000 continuous watts
- This generator is currently on sale on Amazon.com
Read what current owners have to say about this ETQ generator:
Boba R. – This little generator is only 1200 watts/max 15 amps, but it does what it is designed for– low load remote or emergency use. This thing starts on at least the second pull every time, is relatively quiet, and uses very little gas. All in all, for the money/features/free shipping it is hard to beat this deal.
Review paraphrased for size
Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator Review
The Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator is a powerful unit with 5,550 running watts and 8,550 starting watts of electrical power. This portable generator offers up to 13 hours of runtime when operated at half its output capacity.
This Briggs & Stratton generator has five outlets that are protected from the weather by a durable weather-protected panel. It also features an internal power surge alternator that protects valuable electronics from damage.
For your convenience, this generator is now available at Amazon.com.
The Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator includes a large 7-gallon fuel tank for long lasting backup power. The generator also features a Super Silencer muffler that prevents sparking and makes the generator quieter. Even so, the generator does make about the same noise as a small riding lawn mower….not as quiet as higher priced generators, but, then again, it is not higher priced.
The unit weighs 163 pounds, but the 10-inch “never flat” wheels make this home generator very portable.
Let’s review this home generator’s features:
- 5,500 running watts and 8,500 starting watts
- Easy to start on first pull
- Five weather-protected outlets
- Internal surge alternator to protect valuable electronics
- Large 7-gallon fuel tank
- 10-inch “never flat” wheels for easy mobility
- 10 HP Engine
- Up to 13 hours of runtime when used at 50% output
Here’s what current owners say about the Briggs & Stratton 30241 Portable Generator:
Mary J. – The set up was very easy, and starts remarkably well and easy for a 10HP engine. Noise level is as expected for a 10HP engine, similar to a small riding lawnmower. Has no trouble keeping up w/ our demands, ranging from fridge/freezer, large microwave, small appliances, lights, dishwasher, and even washing clothes when desperate. Overall, an excellent generator for the money.
Review paraphrased for size