- 1 Champion 46534 Portable Generator Review
- 2 Honeywell HW2000i Portable Generator Review
Champion 46534 Portable Generator Review
- 4,000 peak watts / 3,500 running watts
- 4.0 gallon (15L) fuel tank
- 12 running hours at 50% Load
- Low oil sensor to prevent engine damage and automatic decompression for easy starting
The Champion 46534 Portable Generator is a mid price range generator that is powerful enough to run several appliances without sputtering. This Champion generator weighs about 100 pounds and can be assembled in 10 minutes.
This is a great generator for its size and it is relatively quiet, with a noise level that is close to that of a lawn mower. The only caution is that to use the full 4kw you need a 110v/30 amp twist-lock cable, which I haven’t been able to find at the local stores. You can use a standard 110v extension cord for lower power use.
This standby generator is easy to operate and typically starts on the first or second pull. The Champion 46534 Portable Generator includes a large gas tank and a low oil sensor for pretty much brainless operation.
The large gas tank, low oil sensor, relatively low noise, great power output, and the reasonable price make this generator a good buy. You can purchase this generator at Amazon.com.
Let’s take a look at the generator’s features:
- Compact design
- The wheels on the generator make it extremely portable
- The gas gauge is located on top, making it easy to read
- Includes a large 4.0 gallon fuel tank
- Starts easily and runs smoothly
- The generator produces a relatively low level of noise (similar to a lawn mower)
- Low oil sensor to shut engine off so the unit is not damaged
- A voltage meter is included to check output readings
- This Champion Generator provides great power output
Read what current owners have to say about the Champion 46534 Portable Generator:
Karl – This is a great generator for its size. This generator started on the second pull, and ran a 10,000 BTU window AC unit and a side by side refrigerator and satellite receiver and TV. A great product for the price (Review paraphrased for size)
Honeywell HW2000i Portable Generator Review
- Great for recreational use, camping, tailgating, or RVing
- Powerful 4 stroke engine delivers 2000-watt output, only weighs 58-pounds
- Quiet Operation--62db rating at 7-meters, no load...
The Honeywell HW2000i Portable Generator is a powerful 2,000 watt standby generator as well as a great generator for recreational use.
The HW2000i weighs only 62 pounds, so it is extremely portable and its quiet operation makes it a great choice for camping, tailgating, or as an alternative power source for home use. This Honeywell generator is simple to use and starts easily.
This generator is currently available at Amazon.com
To protect the generator from damage, there is a low oil indicator light and the unit will completely shut down in low-oil conditions. To further protect the unit, it is equipped with an overload protection indicator light and an economy mode that saves fuel and further reduces running noise.
This Honeywell generator will run for approximately 5 hours on a full fuel tank.
There are really no negatives to this generator that I’ve found. It’s versatile, portable, quiet and has plenty of power to simultaneously run laptops, radios, TVs, microwaves, and more….and it’s reasonably priced as well.
Let’s Review the Features of the Honeywell HW2000i Portable Generator:
- Ultra-compact, lightweight design
- Powers portable phones, appliances, electrical devices, and more
- 125-cc, 4-stroke air-cooled Honeywell OHV engine produces 2,000 rated watts of power
- Truly quiet operation: 62-dB rating at 7 meters (no load)
- CARB compliant; 50 State and CSA approved
Read what current owners have to say about the Honeywell HW2000i Portable Generator:
Javajunki – Because we live in a residential area, noise levels are a factor and want/need something that can run a few electronics including a small room A/C without major incident.
This is CARB compliant, fairly quiet especially on efficiency setting, able to run more delicate electronics etc…. Right off – seems like a nice little unit for decent price. Versatile, fairly quiet…it’s not a Honda but also cost a lot less. Satisfied with purchase to date. (Review paraphrased for size)